Although most of Microfin's features can be learned through reading the manual and watching the instructional videos, hundreds of individuals have enjoyed and benefited from individual and group training. Those visitors who have left their name and e-mail on the Resources Page will be notified about future training.
On-site trainings are suspended temporarily until travel restrictions are lifted and the threat of the Coronavirus has diminished significantly or all but disappeared. Please see my coronavirus site for more training details here: http://microfin.mfiresources.org/index.php/covid19
- Web Based Course September 28 - October 2, 2020
- Web Based Course SPANISH: October 19-23, 2020 (Replaces Mexico City onsite course)
- Web Based Course October 26-30, 2020
- Web Based Course December 14-18, 2020
Please contact me if you have a need for distance training other than those courses listed above. I'm happy to schedule training at the time you specify using the internet.
The following courses will be confirmed at least six weeks before their delivery:
- July 13-17, 2020 Lagos, Nigeria course (postponed until Quarter 3, 2021)
- September 14-18, 2020 Toronto, Canada course (postponed until Quarter 2, 2021)
- October 19-23, 2020 Mexico City, Mexico (converted to online course 21 September 2020)
- November 16-20, 2020 Bangkok, Thailand course (pending confirmation on October 5, 2020)
If the threat of carrying or contracting the Coronavirus has all but been eliminated and travel without a mandatory quarantine period has ended, TENTATIVE 2021 Microfin course locations include:
- February 1-5, 2021: Mumbai, India (pending confirmation 4 January 2021)
- February 22-26, 2021: Dakar, Senegal - English with French interpretation (pending confirmation 11 January 2021)
- March 22-26, 2021: Dubai, UAE (pending confirmation 8 February 2021)
- April 19-23, 2021: Toronto, Canada (pending confirmation 15 March 2021) - Due to difficulty in obtaining US Visas, the previous twice annual US courses will be taught in Canada starting 2021
- May 17-21, 2021: Manila, Philippines (pending confirmation 5 April 2021)
- July 12-16, 2021: Lagos, Nigeria (pending confirmation 24 May 2021)
The cost of the training ranges from $1,250 to $1,500. Early registration discounts will be given for those who register and pay at least one month before the course starts. I am able to secure scholarships occasionally, but they are limited to a percentage of course fees. I have not been able to secure scholarships for travel, hotel, and meals. Feel free to inquire about the availability of such scholarships.
US Visa Policy:
Starting January 2020, if you need a visa to attend a US based course, a USD 150 non-refundable fee is required in advance of the invitation letter. In addition you will be required to provide significant documentation in order to facilitate a Letter of Due Consideration (an official letter written by a respected US Congresswoman directly to the embassy or consulate) in support of your visa application. If your visa is granted, the USD 150 fee will be deducted from the cost of the course. The process is as follows:
- Register for the course and express a need for a visa to enter the US
- An invoice will be sent for the USD 150 fee
- Pay the invoice through a wire transfer, paypal, or credit card
- Make an appointment for your visa interview. The appointment should be no less than three weeks after the payment has been made, and if possible, no more than two months before the course start date (optimally six weeks before the course start date)
- Submit complete documentation for the letter for due consideration. This needs to be received no less than two weeks before the visa appointment date.
Visas are often granted to the most senior level officers and those who present significant, compelling, and strong evidence that the visit to the United States will result in a return to your home country.
- More than 45 days before the course starts, or if your visa has been denied, all will be refunded except USD 150
- Between 45 and 31 days before the course starts, 75% of the fee will be refunded
- Between 30 and 15 days before the course starts, 50% of the fee will be refunded
- Less than 15 days before the course starts, no refunds are possible
- Delegate substitutions are always permitted without cost.
I do my best to refund course fees as quickly as possible, however due to international travel, some requests will be delayed up to three weeks to process. Thank you for your understanding.